Billy the Kid and Cindy Sherman? The 10 Priciest Photographs.
Both Billy the Kid and Cindy Sherman are names attached to the priciest photographs in the world. Here is a countdown of the 10 most expensive photographs over the last few years. I like many of these photographs but I LOVE the photos and the prices -starting at only $95 on PROJECT B!
10) Billy the Kid, photographer unknown (1880). Sold for $2.3 million.
9) Untitled #153, by Cindy Sherman (1985). Sold for $2.7 million
8) The Pond/Moonlight, by Edward Steichen (1904). Sold for $2.9 million.
7) Los Angeles, by Andreas Gursky (1998). Sold for $2.9 million.
6) 99 Cent II, Diptychon, by Andreas Gursky (2001). Sold for $3.3 million.
5) Untitled (Cowboy), by Richard Prince (2001-02). Sold for $3.4 million.
4) Dead Troops Talk, by Jeff Wall (1992). Sold for $3.7 million.
3) For Her Majesty, by Gilbert & George (1973). Sold for $3.7 million.
2) Untitled #96, by Cindy Sherman (1981). Sold for $3.9 million.
1) Rhein II, by Andreas Gursky (1999). Sold for $4.3 million.
This post originally appeared on Gizmodo and FREEYORK. Next Post Previous Post